Cricket Forum banner

Best Fast bowling

60K views 168 replies 44 participants last post by  Sportsgeek 
#1 ·
There are days in cricket where by luck fast bowlers of a particular team makes impact in cricket. So i think pakistan had their most successful years of fast bowling in 1992-1994, west indies 1984, england 1998, australia 1980, south africa 1995 and finally new zealand is the only country nowdays in cricket who somehow tries fastbowling (without swing)!

#52 · (Edited)
A thing that i want to mention here is whenever allan donald comes to bowl, why is it a sound is produced heard from the stump microphone. Other fast bowlers are also tall and of some of them only their foot thump of bowling stride at the crease is heard most of them being silent. While allan donald seems like some matrix guy who produces sounds with his forearm movement against air density like some bruce lee movie. So allan donald is still called the 'white lightening'. In one of my stupid visions i had travelled to australia to see what real cricket is. And i found the australians grounds way too big. I even marked the official run up of geoff lawson and tried to bowl. The atmosphere was very dusty, hazy, somewhat dark and i had to stop in between of the big run up to take breath. And eventually i used to slow down at the crease. The height of geoff lawson seems very high. And looking at the technique of allan donald he moves towards the crease very quick. Geoff lawson should have been in the 1996 cricket world cup and his bowling would have looked good on indian seam wickets.

#53 ·
Other powerful medium fast bowler who i think proved that fitness and bowling action are not that important to succeed in cricket. Hailing from the crooners' circus and reckoned as charlie chaplin of cricket, the most versatile ain botham. Looking at some of his best bowling videos it seems that he uses his minds' power into bowling and rocked a lot of stumps.

#54 · (Edited)
And i forgot the great chicken farm guys from zimbabwe circus, david brain, gavin rennie, guy whittal, henry olanga, edo brendes, mbangwa, strangs, n.johnson, h.streak these looney toons guys once used to rock indian batsmen even south africans with natural cricket abilities swing, seam and cut.

#55 ·
I think looking at the yester years videos of cricket archives, it seems cricket had its bad lonely days of no fans, depressed players, boring matches in earlier times too. It even seems cricket was stopped being played in 1986, but still continued. Perhaps only steve waugh and zimbabwe team had tried to rejuvinate modern lacking spirit cricket.

#56 · (Edited)
There was a small award ceremony and adjudicator selected some fast medium bowlers for their cricket skills, wonderful gentlemanly performances in their careers. So the winners are mark waugh for his medium quick bowling in 1995 test matches, the first runner-up should have been gone to c.vaas, but bryan strang took away the prize, and the second runner up success goes to shahid nazir tied with imran khan!
Sometimes i dream about becoming the captain of zimbabwe cricket team! With that cool black cap, white shirt and zimbabwe symbol on it!

#58 · (Edited)
Glenn Mcgrath bowled good on dead indian pitches, but his bowling action seems like a chuck throw. While allan donald in latter part of his career since 1997 had become a medium pacer bowling loop line length. Glenn mcgrath on the other hand bowled the same line lengths again and again and again like a bowling machine towards the blind angle for batsmen!
In some of my mind's visions i had seen that just having fine athletic abilities and talent isn't enough in cricket. When i had gone to zimbabwe in my dreams, i used to get few pace swings. And i needed coaching from heath streak(for making a cricket career) who was bigger in height size than me. He used to eat four times than i used to consume(then only one can break a stump into two). Heath streak had a huge chunck of mass on his shoulders and back. And i was amazed to see such a huge athlete rugby player could run so fast! After some training i too became somewhat huge and could broke stumps but had lost my natural abilities of swing seam.(So is real cricket heavy ball is used or a light ball!) Other than scoring runs while batting, zimbabwe was like boring paradise in africa's bad dust. The food too was very bad. Since there was no chance in succeeding in other teams(india, pakistan) as there was much competition as i relished bowling on seaming swing wickets of zimbabwe. Other than that there was just AIDS epidemic and charity! I had seen even steve waugh and mark waugh visiting zimbabwe sports club!
But i can't remember if i was really the zimbabwe captain!(or was i playing club cricket in bangladesh)

#59 · (Edited)
Glenn McGrath | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Allan Donald | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

I read about the profile of glenn mcgrath. The Great tall nanny of australia! Comparing with career of allan donald, glenn mcgrath infact played a lot too many non-stop test matches 124 ! 29 five wicket hauls and 563 wickets !!! Apart from the unproportionate unmatched opponents he got to bowl at, its really cool that glenn mcgrath is the modern best fast bowler! Nemesis of sachin tendulkar though seem a chuck/throw but i think glenn mcgrath is a hardened bowler. He pitches and tries chest height bouncy deliveries outside off-stump. The wicket-keeper takes in a hard bowled ball in so one can imagine how speed the ball is! And a looping inswinger yorker! But hardly any good swing! But england batsmen play glenn mcgrath very funny!
Another pageant winner runner up - bikini championship winner jaques kallis!

#64 · (Edited)
Some days back a pakistani medium fast bowler debuted. His name is a.cheema. His technique of attacking the batsman is that he bowled some deliveries on to zimbabwe tailender batsman knee pads, to make him uncertain in the mind. Then a bouncer towards the neck, which made him to go on backfoot, and then a short quick to finally bowled the batsman. The most successfull bowlers whom you say dominated world cricket in modern day used the same technique of bowling raw pace. Like glenn mcgrath, wasim akram, shoiab akhtar...etc bowled at the knee pads. Like many times when sachin tendulkar playing against such misses the defence. And the ball hits the left leg pad and the impact makes the pad to wobble. Even a large sound comes of the impact. Wasim akram bowling in test matches to sri lankan batsmen. Such times are really painfull in cricket from the batsmen minds' point of view. (but then skeptics might say how will then bowlers would get expert batmen out) Cracked helmets. Many bowlers deliberately bowl such leg side line length and the smart batsmen are those who can flick, leg glance such quick bowling towards the fence blindly pre-meditated! The funniest flickers in cricket are english batsmen!

#66 · (Edited)
The great cricket commentator icon and enthusiast henry blofeld(i had myself read in news that henry blofeld had died) reckoned only two players as fastest bowlers in modern cricket and not others. They were curtly ambrose and waqar younis. I had seen curtly ambrose bowling video of 1986, when he had debuted his bowling action was similar like reon king. So curtly ambrose and waqar younis are lethal bowlers who look like bowling medium pacers. But when the odd ball nips back short to the leg pad it creates an energy jolt. So many batsmen avoid the yorkers on their feets. Also i like the ball flight of curtly ambrose delivery after pitching it travels a far distance towards the long positioned wicket keeper, even the edges to the slips are funny. I had seen dwayne bravo bowl on tv, just a medium quick short heighted bowler but the ball bounces and travels with power to the wicket keeper. When i try bowling such, i do bowl quick pace but after pitching the ball dies down and reaches the wicket keeper after two bounce. Another thing is that curtly ambrose and waqar younis though are fastest bowlers they have this athletic added advantage that sometimes even their medium pace bowling are wicket taking! Many batsmen like graeme hick, ian healy, moin khan, shane warne etc have been scapegoats amusing baffled playing against waqar younis and curtly ambrose(even against courtney walsh). Curtly ambrose best performances were mainly on australian pace and bounce pitches of australia. But on the other hand, waqar younis had hard times bowling on australian wickets. No swing, quick pace but odd dud ball going to the wicket keeper and fence. Many times i have seen that while playing a stroke square for four the australian bat gets jolt vibrations off the 140kmph waqar younis bowling. I imagined myself as bowling at waca, perth; and it was very stressfull, nauseating to maintain speed. So for their delightful cricket performances, curtly ambrose and waqar younis are awarded with prestigious Roman Gladiator Sport Award.

#68 ·
Best Fast Bowler:

When bowling in cricket there are many possible cricket tips or hints that can help improve your bowling.
In bowling, a combination of natural ability, Duplicate File Deleter good technique and practice is the recipe for good bowling, whether it is fast, slow or spin.
Here are some tips that will help your bowling and when implemented correctly your bowling speed:

#69 · (Edited)
I read about denise lillee in espncricinfo it says that he copied his bowling from west indies spin quick lance gibbs, or might be wesley hall or maybe griffith or even boyce. In the best bowling videos denise lillee is havok guy. But i feel that his techniques as he had described never works for many fast medium bowlers who came after him! So for standard bowling cricket skills one should see bowlers like angus fraser or maybe andrew caddick.

#70 · (Edited)
I still remember in 1996, when i used to return home from school and hurry on to watch the england vs pakistan test series. The crowd used to cheer when mhd.akram was bowling quick pace. Then on the pacy lord's pitch ata-ur-rehman was producing awesome length bowling which the wicket-keeper used to catch above height. Then waqar younis was bowling medium pacer quick bowling wicket taking. It seemed that other fast bowlers when they bowl the ball continues with the bowling action movement towards the batsmen. But waqar younis and ata-ur-rehman seems like when they bowled in that series they have the ability to create a time-lapse after the ball being bowled reaches the mid-pitch and then it hurries to beat the batsmen. The stop-gap creates hesitancy in the batsmen mind! So this test series was a big effort for creating a memorable match between england and pakistan, so sometimes matches are made and sometimes they are itself memorable. And cricket is a scientific occult game. The run-up of waqar younis in the australian test series is like a machine krank shaft system tuned to produce sound shhhhh fuf fuf fuf like a shia shafavid. And the whack touch of mark waugh making a wood sound twhink. Also the sky darkening for reverse swing. So after remembering ata-ur-rehman's bowling i am still unsure is the bowling bowled with light weight ball or a heavy ball? If its a heavy ball how is it possible that everyball bowled has a good bounce off wicket?! Or if it were light ball then why did the batsmen wear protective gear! The pakistani batsmen i think always play strokes away bat by standing away from the wicket while indian batsmen cover the leg stump.

#72 ·
most popular game : Cricket

Cricket is no doubt the most popular game in the world of sports. Cricket fans are countless..Glen Mcgrath has more control than any fast bolwer.In the corridor he is unplayable and has been found letal by the likes of the Laras and Tendulkars.Staistically he is the graetset ever bolwer.At his best in WEst Indisein 1998 when he captured 30 wicketys he has alos been succesful on the subcontinent and in the seaming English Conditions.Adavantage of palying for a chamoion j team but yet not as agressive as the fastest of all time.

#73 · (Edited)
Soft Reboot
Init...........1293010391039018308094
Stat Count () 1010010001010101001
Func Stabilized......
Directives enabled........
Terminator Processing......

#76 · (Edited)
I did found one video in which mudassar nazar is bowling!

ENGLAND vs PAKISTAN, 1987 PERTH CHALLENGE FINAL - YouTube

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65914.html

In 76 test matches mudassar nazar got 66 wickets. And in his profile its written that he was a pakistani batsman! In youtube or any other site mudassar nazar's bowling is not in the database!
As i have seen his bowling in many retro matches in world series cricket, in some earlier matches of his career his bowling action seems cool quick whippy action but in later part of his career he was bowling just medium pace with a short quick bowling action!
So making a test career is infact very tough! To get wickets and achieve fame both is a big task. Many bowlers find it difficult to get wickets and fame! But some bowlers surprisingly get many quick wickets and become famous too!
But some bowlers like mudassar nazar is a good bowler though not that famous(but perhaps regarded high by pakistan team of that time!)
I don't understand, why is that fast bowlers like ata-ur-rehman, aquib javed,... though were very talented, had a lot fitness and speed but got very few wickets in their test careers! And some like waqar younis and imran khan went on quickly getting wickets after wickets!!!

#77 ·
There are too many great bowlers in the history of cricket like dennis lilly ,imran khan ,courtney walsh ,wasim akram ,waqar younis ,glenn mcgrath but We forget one of the greatest fast bowler of all time and his name is Shoaib Akhter he is world fastest bowler in the history of this game although he suffered with many types of injuries in his career but in my opinion he is the best bowler .
Online GED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.