Strauss may miss Bangladesh tour - Cricket Forum - Discuss Cricket and the World Cup of Cricket!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
County Player

ark400 is on a distinguished road
Default Strauss may miss Bangladesh tour

Andrew Strausswould not confirm whether or not he is to miss England's tour of Bangladesh in February/March next year.
Strauss led England to victory in the Ashes at home this summer and he then led his country to the Semi Finals of the recently concluded ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa.
England played well in that tournament but were well beaten in the Semi Finals by Australia.

England tour South Africa next month and the tour does not end til February and that is almost immediately followed by the tour to Bangladesh, given this relentless schedule it is believed that Strauss is going to be offered a rest while England tour Bangladesh.
Strauss took the cricket world by storm when he scored a Test Century on debut against New Zealand at Lord's back in 2004.
England will have to be at their best if they are to upset the Betting Oddsand beat South Africa.
ark400 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
In The Nets

sp2ekram is on a distinguished road

I like Bangladesh cricket team.
Now see a classified website link, this website is for online shopping , buy and sell products, the link is : http://www.dreamtouch.biz
sp2ekram is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

philiprambo is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

I also like Bangladesh cricket team and the tour was really successful.
philiprambo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
In The Nets

stephenjones is on a distinguished road

Andrew Strauss is very good batsman and fielder of English cricket team. England cricket team will miss Andrew Strauss in whole tournament and it is also give some benefits to Bangladesh cricket team.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
In The Nets

vimaljaya is on a distinguished road
Smile

Strauss may miss Bangladesh tour

Strauss guided England to Ashes glory in the summer

England captain Andrew Strauss has admitted he might not participate in this winter's tour to Bangladesh.Strauss has barely had a break since being named Test and one-day skipper in January and may be rested for a trip that follows a tour of South Africa.

"I can't guarantee anything, I don't know what's going to be happening," Strauss told BBC 5 live's Sportsweek.

"I'm not going to say I'm definitely going to be on it, I'm not going to say I'm definitely not going to be on it."

Reports have suggested the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) will give Strauss some time off after England's 80-day tour to South Africa, which begins at the start of November and finishes on 18 January. The Bangladesh tour then runs from 29 February to 24 March.

Shakib Al Hasan's side are world's bottom-ranked Test nation and have lost all four of their Test matches against England.

"We only select one tour at a time and the South Africa tour is a massive one," said Strauss.

"We've got Bangladesh in February-March so the selectors will sit down and have a look at where we are as a side after South Africa - injuries, niggles and all that sort of stuff - and we'll decide what the best course of action is."

Strauss was keen to emphasise the importance of keeping his team in good physical shape for what will be a packed year of competition.

After the tour to Bangladesh, England will contest an ICC World Twenty20 in the Caribbean before fulfilling programmes against Bangladesh and Pakistan at home and attempting to retain the Ashes in Australia.

I believe I'm one of the best five seamers available to England... my record stands up against almost anybody

Steve Harmison

And since succeeding Kevin Pietersen as captain on 7 January, Strauss has overseen a winter tour to the West Indies, followed by a home series against the same opposition, a successful Ashes campaign, a one-day series against the Australians and a run to the Champions Trophy semi-finals.

"The key is to make sure the players are reasonably fresh but at the same time you don't want to be tinkering with the side too much, so that's a balance we need to strike," he stated.

"It would be wrong to predict [I'm not going to tour Bangladesh]. The Bangladesh tour is quite a useful one for our development in terms of playing on sub-continent wickets.

"We just need to see where we are at as a side come then. We've got a couple of breaks as well - one now and one at the end of the South Africa tour."

If Strauss were to be rested after a series against South Africa that includes four Tests and five one-day internationals, Alastair Cook, currently his deputy, would be the likely replacement as captain for the trip to Bangladesh.

One player who might yet be on the tour to Bangladesh is Steve Harmison.

The Durham seamer was the most high-profile absentee from the squad picked to tour South Africa but, despite admitting he was left "confused and disappointed" by his omission, he is refusing to give up hope of an international return.

"I was expecting to be picked in the squad and I'm disappointed I wasn't," Harmison, who helped England win the Ashes after being recalled for the final Test and taking the last wicket, told the Mail on Sunday.

rameshwaram tour packages|ooty honeymoon tour package

.................................................. .......
vimaljaya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
In The Nets

CricDude is on a distinguished road

thats not good for englands chances
Thats Life , Cricket Life and this Cricket Forum/Cricket Community is great to Discuss Cricket with lots of features Like Cricket Blogs , Cricket News Cricket Chat , Live Cricket , Cricket Battleground and Cricket Leagues
CricDude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
In The Nets

elizath is on a distinguished road
Default Polo Ralph Lauren designer

There is an amazing statistic that approximately 99% of these shirts from these places, so they are called cheap polo RLVolkswagen Polo Ralph Lauren (Polo Ralph Lauren Jackets Doen Einter) has a clean and attractiveRalph Lauren Polo pony and big women models, traditional fit, skinny, long sleeve polo, skiing, or beads crest polo, long or short sleeve Silver Crest Polo, and even a bathroom color version of the big pony skinny polo Re-type in the production a year ago, Polo Ralph Lauren the most primitive, the passion within the traditional American style show Polo shirt features caught the real heart of the document at a very large number of people in the world exist.

His love, Ralph Lauren Foundation supports several initiatives in cancer treatment, education and community services Linen dress with thin straps that the design of the low back neckline, long length skirt and the ground was soft form sections The madness of the people in accordance with the versions of this with a note on the issue And you longshoreman who get within a few days, regardless of where you live in the purchase price, as a rule, Polo Top can not afford Below T-shirt polo, you can participate in the modern series! Polo clothing from many of the variables needed for fashion My favorite form of this cluster was a black leather jacket with a short strap with an asymmetrical zipper and soft shoulder of the complex, shown with pants and biker boots before.

You may be able to stop human fashion, but the current favorite to buy polo shirts Delphi in the current silver-colored dress with beautiful long blond hair, disappears, there is a non-conventional natural femininity and elegance without effort Cheap Ralph Lauren clothing has increased so much that they like the authors of the American figures are as loved as a clever and very presentable society, and all the points thanks to an exclusive Ralph Lauren for the sale of these shirts In addition, this series includes the work of the eyeball point of the group brought a nostalgic and Polo Outlet as a skirt body, floral design and nostalgic body skirt, white shirt tie dye print border, old pants, said the workers cowboy jacket, blue shirt flat, shiny gold and silver sandals online jewelry and so on, they believe, Almirah for this season mode, adds molecular think you'll be happy The actual time of your young people know that in practice the need to fashion a shirt, which is always very strong and is built by adding to the excellent product advertised widely.
elizath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote