Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Queenslander Noffke has been struggling to swallow the bitter pill of being overlooked for Australia's 15-man squad for the four-Test Indian tour and is now eyeing off the big money of lucrative Indian Twenty20 leagues.

Speaking from Chennai, India, where he is touring with Australia A, Noffke said he could not come to terms with how he had been cast aside.

He played in the West Indies earlier this year and was Australia's best performed domestic quick last summer.

"I have told Digger (national selection chairman Andrew Hilditch) that I am totally disillusioned with the way these selections work," Noffke said.

"Digger said they had picked the best squad for Indian conditions, but that explanation didn't leave me feeling any better.

"I was good enough to be in the West Indies squad and I haven't played cricket since then so how can I get passed over?

"I am a firm believer in taking wickets and scoring runs to put my name forward and I've done that. This feels like the end of my dreams of playing for Australia.

"I have to now start to think about where I am placed and how much money I can earn to look after my family.

"There is the IPL (Indian Premier League) and the ICL (rebel Indian Cricket League) and they are on my mind. Absolutely."

It is not hard to see why Noffke, 31, is so incredulous that he missed out.

In a stellar 2007-08 season, Noffke topped the Australian first-class wicket-takers list with 51 wickets at 19 and scored 741 runs at 46.31.

More from the source

1 - 1 of 1 Posts