Cricket Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Why is it that many fast bolwers don't know how to bowl swing not even with new season ball?

--------------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
hmmm

I had seen once the highlights of a match in which swing pioneer sarfaraz nawaz was playing! I used to think that he was perhaps a very fast bowler, but when i saw him on tv, he was very funny. His run-up was very slow, and bowling action was also slow! But the stumps were hit with extreme velocity!

And then the generations...

And the present day...

...ummm sometimes i think what is the height of wasim akram and shahid afridi! They seem to bowl with ease on a 22 yard pitch, on tv the height seems 6'9'' of wasim akram and 6'6'' of shahid afridi!

YouTube - Vid0000 x264

-------------------
nawaz kunal pagare khan

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hmmm

I used to think some time back that while bowling like imran khan's action the run up i had to slow down so as to adjust for the leap at the crease, but when i checked my own bowling videos i came to know that i ran much quicker. So as to say that imran khan's run-up is very quick, which in the present day this skill is perhaps used by shoiab akhtar!

--------------------
nawaz kunal pagare khan

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm

Also in the imran khan's bowling videos, he seems very thin. But i think the bowling speed is so fast that the ball can crack the batsman's helmet grill! I don't know how can a light weight season ball can be bowled with impact!
And the most funny thing about imran khan is his small cap which he had worn in 1992 world cup win!

------------------
nawaz kunal pagare khan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts