Cricket Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, contrary to speculations, Brian Lara now wants to extend his career to the end of the next England tour in May 2007. And here we were thinking he would carry on only till the World Cup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This wouldn’t be the first time that Lara has discussed retirement plans. He is definitely one of the ‘famous last words’ brigade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think he’s just very chuffed about the way his relatively inexperienced team out-played India in the recent one-day series, and came so near to defeating them in the Test series.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I take it we will have no more talk about how bad Lara is for the team morale. There has been enough of such talk in the recent past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really, Brian Lara is the enigma to end all enigmas. No one can seem to decide whether he is a good thing or a bad thing, which is strange considering he’s the finest cricketer the West Indies have ever produced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best cricketer doesn’t always make the best captain, but I think Lara is the best choice simply because there’s no one else who can have the job. In other words, no one else the personality to captain a team in which Lara is also playing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts