Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cameron White is declared fit
The Victoria Bushrangers captain Cameron White has been declared fit as they prepare to take on Southern Redbacks on Friday.
White has been declared fit with no damage to his jaw after a bouncer from the New South Wales Blues captain Moises Henriques hit him during their KFC Twenty20 Big Bash on Saturday.
White was hit in the 10th over when he tried to hook a delivery from Henriques but the ball missed the grill and hit his jaw.
Victoria's White to undergo x-rays
White collapsed and the team physio Trefor James rushed on to the field to see the severity of the injury. The captain developed a bruise under his right ear and a swelling soon appeared but he decided to stay on.
"It wasn't the way I wanted to start the new year ... on my hands and knees clutching my jaw after missing a bouncer in mid-innings against NSW and copping it right under the chin," White said on Cricket Victoria's website after X-rays on Monday cleared him of any serious damage.
"The rooms were abuzz afterwards after our narrow win, but all I could do was watch on clutching an ice towel to my jaw and sucking some apple juice through a straw," White said.
The Victorian Bushrangers and the Southern Redbacks have won two games each. The Redbacks currently top the points table.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts