Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Australian-born Brendan Nash is set to make his test debut for West Indies against New Zealand on Thursday, becoming the first white player to represent the region in over 35 years.

Nash was born in Perth after his father Paul - a former Jamaica Olympic swimmer - and mother Andrea moved to Western Australia.

He grew up in Queensland and went on to represent the state team and although he never made the Australia side, he once served as emergency fielder for Australia in a test match against West Indies.

A left-handed batsman, left-arm medium pacer and excellent fielder, Nash was not offered a new contract by Queensland in 2007 and decided on an unexpected switch -- moving to the Caribbean in a bid to re-start his career - a move that has worked well so far.

"I went to watch the World Cup in 2007 and decided at that point that I would make a move to return to Jamaica. I moved around the middle of last year and since then I managed to work my way into the Jamaica team and now the West Indies side.

"I enjoy my cricket and I'm totally enjoying my time in the side and among a great bunch of team mates," he said.

Source

1 - 1 of 1 Posts