Cricket Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM BACK - Dudley doo,
So this topic is about cricket captains. Cricket is not just about professionalism, betting, funny and winning world cups. The team plays as it is captained. There have been many wonderful captains in cricket and their leadership abilities. Some have been immense success and some have gone down with their team. Some like a.flower(zimbabwe), d.houghton(zimbabwe), hansie cronje(south africa), mhd. azharuddin(india)...were the most potential entertainers in worldwide sports. The silent powerful leaders in cricket were carl hooper(west indies), waqar younis(pakistan), arjuna ranatunga(sri lanka), steve waugh(australia)...! The cricket matches ODIs as well as tests are played accordingly when the captains of the teams meet at toss. So some matches are played sportingly like stephen fleming(new zealand), saurav ganguly(india), mark taylor(australia)...! While some play with aggression like captains richie richardson(west indies), wasim akram(pakistan), nasser hussain(england)!
I was viewing some matches of 1992 world cup, the final pakistan vs england was one-sided match, and it seems weird how england even reached the final. Pakistan lead by imran khan had no difficulty throughout in outplaying england. Pakistani players of 1992 team seems in no tension and playing in joyous spirits! Things have changed since 1996 for pakistan, as many players doesn't seem to enjoy the game! While in that final 1992 world cup match, imran khan's forearms looks wonderful while batting. Though i still feel that england should play better in the upcoming world cup to eventually win it atleast once!
Another memorable match that i viewed was australia vs west indies in 1996 world cup semi-final. It was such a unbelievable funniest match. The aussie bowlers are trick bowlers. Many bowlers try to pitch full length to make batsman out! But aussie bowlers pitch way too below than even curtly ambrose used to bowl. The funny thing is that many batsman like the west indians in that semi final 1996 match were playing blinders to such length aussie medium pace bowling!
Anyway i like englands' ian botham medium bowling of 1992 WC! Seems like american-england wonder team!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The current captain of the Indian national cricket team is a Mahendra Singh Dhoni,an Indian cricketer.The Indian team's greatest successes came in 1983, when they won the Cricket World Cup under the captaincy of Kapil Dev.MS Dhoni is a coolest heads to captain the Indian ODI side.Dhoni is a right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Indian cricket team is better than any other team. M.S.Dhoni is currently Indian cricket team's captain. After 28 years we won the world cup under his captaincy. He is very good cricketer and person. People call him captain cool. He is best captain in international cricket. After Kapil Dev, I admit that he is the best captain of now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts