Cricket Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
You might laugh at me that I want to express my cricket playing days at the coaching clubs. I had started playing club cricket very late at the age of 19 in the year 2000. Before joining I used to play only tennis ball matches with space colony guys! LOL . I wasn't a quick bowler RightHandBowling and I had to work on my fitness level. I never used to get batting in nets, and when I did got the chance. My batting RightHandBatting practice with tennis ball was in ruins as the very object of facing a heavy ball coming at high speeds made me feel awkward. The ball after swirling in the air comes inward and pitches just near good length. So I was not able to place my left front foot for defense. I love to play ground strokes, the straight drive, the cover and the offside glance. When the ball does used to bounce at below knee length, it used to hit the left pad and make an impact that used to feel till the bone! I had to breathe slightly to regain composure! I was bowled perhaps many a times on yorkers. I am basically a leg side player, but in coaching clubs I got a very good practice of making my offside batting perfect.
But I never got to play like in real cricket as seen in cricket.
And for one year I was just bowling, bowling and bowling. Its very frustrating when I was given an old heavy season ball to bowl to batsman. And in nets its impossible to bowled the batsman. As there are tendulkar copier, from eight year olds to 35 year olds. Whats the Indian batting fundamental? No one makes straight bat strokes and neither play with inward bat. What they do is make the bat to open the face by making their right hand wrist turn outward. And then putting it straight at every pitch of the ball. I found it very difficult to bowled the batsmen. Especially when even the new ball is not seaming/wobbling like shown in television. Always playing glance shot! After a lot of hard work I had produced a potent ball which used to speed through the air and pitch at good length. But every time the batsmen used to defend it. I was not able to york. I tried to maintain my run-up like waqar y., but many times cause due to some negative vibes I was not able to sprint quick and slowed down when I reached the crease! I did learnt to swing like reverse swing. The old heavy season ball had both rough sides. I used to make one side damp. And the old ball used to swing in either way the damp side was pointed at! But the ball used to get slow in the air while swinging loosing considerable speed. But the funnier part is to look at the baffling batsmen who used to look at it closely till it reaches their knees! Then I thought of putting effort and still I could see the ball loosing speed but swinging very perfectly! Just like waqar y., wasim a. and aquib j.! I am not fond of cutting the ball. Though occasionally I once had bowled a batsman with a leg cutter with a slow ball. I once had bowled a fastest beamer with my potent ball and it reached the batsman in 1 second and hit low on the handle otherwise it would have hit him in the jaw! Moreover the potent ball that I used to bowl sometimes ....i used to like the pace (vision)after follow through. When I used to come home and practice with my younger brother, with a tennis ball...after pitching the tennis ball used to fly high just like when shoib a. had bowled once a bouncer against zimbabwe in zimbabwe. And after pitching it flew over moin k. and the second bounce was near the ropes! I never was able to bounce the heavy season ball not even on grass pitch. I still like bowling the lethal bouncer ball like aquib j. which is targeted towards the helmet lower grill with the rubber ball. Sometimes in the club, there used to arrive the senior team.
And I used to bowl for their batting practice. Their outlook was very funny. They used to dance down the wicket like pro seen on television for defending the short pitched balls. Then there were even 10 to 13 year olds sachin t. like. Most frustrating is bowling to them in the nets. In two years in coaching club I succeeded in bowled only 5 to 7 times. I was not bowling the potent speed ball. I thought of making the medium pace ball dip inswing towards the offstump and then making it to outswing. Twice I had uprooted the offstump to batsman's waist high level. When I used to bowl speedily and tried yorkers aimed at middle stump. Not even a single player was ever seen scared! And easily defended the ball. I never was able to achieve LBWs. And bowling to left handed batsmen was cool. Fielding and catching practice was a nightmare for me! So I never took my younger brother for practice otherwise hazard from negative people. If requested, someone like waqar younis might had bowled all the batsmen that I had bowled to ...as many of you would probably make fun of me! But even though I have built some aggression, some athletism and some skill.

kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm

When i was 12 years old, my objective in bowling was to pitch the ball in line to the middle stump and outswinging it to hit the offstump, beating the batsman at all ends. - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm

I was so stupid when i was young, aquib javed was playing on tv and still i never knew that my relative was aquib javed playing for pakistan. As far as i remember aquib javed is a descendant of jaisalmer rajput royal family. So aquib javed might be the king of jaisalmer. - nawaz kunal pagare khan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts