Cricket Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, well… I have always felt England would be tough proposition for Australia in Ashes 2007, and the showing against Pakistan boosts my belief.

·
Registered
12 Posts
However, they are still unable to drive home the advantage. I wouldn’t have allowed Inzamam to get away with it. England never looked capable of taking 10 wickets in 80 overs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t understand why it is such a surprise that Inzamam took the match away. He is, after all, one of the best batsmen in the world, and such match-saving innings are expected from him.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Andrew Strauss has admitted that it was disappointing that they couldn’t force a draw because the wicket did not break as much as it was expected to, but I think Bob Woolmer about got it right when he said: “The pitch was offering exaggerated bounce, a lot of movement, and the ball spun and bounced. The opportunity was there for England to beat us, and we did well to prevent it.”

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bouncer, I think England’s motivation when playing in the Ashes is far more intense. Besides, they are going to face an ageing Australian squad and the results may be quite different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts