Cricket Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a tour! WHAT A TOUR!! I have never seen one team dominate another as Sri Lanka did England on this tour. I completely agree with this extract from a report on the tour: “During recent weeks they have played joyous, spirited, intelligent and at times ruthless cricket. The team, united as one, now has the self-belief again to play with the natural flair that has traditionally been their strength.”

·
Registered
11 Posts
Careful Sixer . Don’t go reading too much into what could be an isolated success. Remember, the next tri-series in August is against India and South Africa, who will both be tougher opponents than an injury-hit England.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, India has lost comprehensively to the West Indies in the ODI series. And Sri Lanka will have home soil advantage over both teams.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The key thing for me in all the three Tests against England was the determination that the younger guys showed. Sri Lanka in the past would have collapsed in similar circumstances. It is this new fighting spirit that promises a great future. I also think the team is full of natural winners now, young guys with the mental toughness to compete fiercely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would say this has been Sri Lanka’s most successful foreign tour in 25 years. Of course, they have to build on that and come up with something good in the Champions Trophy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts