Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I am prepared to play for India"
Tamil Nadu all-rounder Chandrasekar Ganapathy told espnstar.com that he is mentally prepared to play for the Indian team.
By Chandraboli Mitra

“I think I have a pretty good chance of making it the Indian team being an all-rounder. The team needs an all-rounder and I am mentally preparing myself to play at the highest level,” said Ganapathy.

The medium pacer came up with a destructive spell for the South Zone, taking a five-wicket haul to power West Zone collapse in the Duleep Trophy final.

Ganapathy has been in top form this season as he performed well to save two games with the bat and winning one with the ball.

“I have been bowling quite well for the last two seasons and this season has been extremely fruitful. Besides, I am a handy batsman and a good fielder. I am well aware that I have to make the most of the next 6 to 10 months.

“Then it will be up to the selectors,” added Ganapathy.

The 28-year-old made his first class debut in 2003-04 and has played 29 matches, taking 65 wickets at an average of 28.76, while he has scored 1082 runs in same number of games at an average of 47.04.
Ganapathy, who along with former India batsman Hemang Badani, has been signed by the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) for the IPL, said he is looking forward to playing in the mega event.
“I enjoy playing all formats of the game. All you need to do is make slight adjustments and then it becomes very easy,” said Ganapathy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts