Cricket Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glamorgan cricket manager Matthew Maynard is still hopeful that Pakistan pace bowler Rao Iftikhar Anjum will be joining the club as their overseas player next season.

Reports suggested that the Pakistan Cricket Board are not allowing their core players to play county cricket, which would be a decision which also affects Essex (Danish Kaneria), Kent (Yasir Arafat), Surrey (Mohammad Asif), Worcestershire (Umar Gul) and Yorkshire (Rana Naved-ul-Hasan).

Glamorgan have recently agreed terms with Iftikhar’s agent and are waiting for the bowler to sign the contract.

“We have just been put on hold because the chairman of the PCB is away,” Maynard told ecb.co.uk. “He was due back on the 10th of this month, so I’m just waiting to hear back.

“I’m not entirely sure about this, but I think the decision (not to allow them to play) was made prior to the chairman getting back in the country.

“There are a number of counties that are obviously affected by this. If it happens, it happens. We will just have to wait and see.

“I am still hopeful that he will be coming to play for us.”

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
i think players shoul allowed play county cricket wonder why pcb doesn't want them to play county cricket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts