Cricket Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
India's left-arm fast bowler Zaheer Khan insists he is not ready to take part in this month's three-match Test series against South Africa.

The 29-year-old Baroda paceman has just resumed bowling after suffering an ankle injury in January, which ruled him out of the second Test against Australia in Sydney.

Zaheer wants to monitor his own recovery through some domestic matches before setting a date for international return.

"I still feel I am not ready for international cricket," he told the Hindustan Times.

"I have just started bowling a week back and have been advised by doctors not to push myself too much. I definitely want to play a few domestic matches before being ready. I want to be 120% fit and not just 100%.

"One of the main reasons I am not ready for Tests is you have to bowl a minimum of 35 overs over five days.

"If I can play a few one-day matches or some club games, it will be good for me to judge where I stand. The progress is good so far, but I don't want to come to any conclusion now. I want to see how I pull up."

Zaheer's own account may rule him out of contention when the squad for the Test series, which is due to begin in Chennai from March 26, is announced on Monday.

Zaheer is also part of the Bangalore Royal Challengers team in the Indian Premier League and may be fit to take part in the tournament when it begins on April 18.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts