Cricket Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin is hoping to use the Indian Premier League as his way back into cricket after knee surgery.

Franklin missed the entire domestic season after the operation on his right knee in November last year, but he may feature for Wellington in the domestic first-class championship, which the Firebirds lead, before its conclusion in April.

But he sees the new Indian Twenty20 competition as an additional pathway back to the top flight.

"It's a little bit frustrating at the moment, but I want to do this recovery once and do it well," he told The Dominion Post.

"It's a very similar operation to what Kyle Mills had and he has come back like a storm, so I take heart from that.

"I'm not writing anything off and I hope to catch up with Braces (Black Caps coach John Bracewell) this week. I know I have to let nature take its course put I'm pretty keen to get back out there as soon as it's right."

Meanwhile, he is hoping his absence will not put off potential suitors in the second IPL auction later on Tuesday.

"I'd be amazed and pretty happy if I do get picked up," he said.

"I've not been under the microscope for over a year and I'm not on the park, so someone would have to think a lot of me to sign me."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts