Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kumble: We need to keep our focus
Bangalore captain Anil Kumble feels he has a tough task ahead in finding the right berths for Kevin Pietersen and Cameroon White when his domestic stock is on a roll.
Aditya Ramachandran
"As a captain, it is a tough job for me with KP (Pietersen) and White having joined us. We need to take a different approach from here on and also have to decide how to fit in these two players. We are blessed to have them, but we are also looking at how to fit in other domestic players. I am quite happy with our top order batting and T20 is mostly about getting runs on the board".
He praised the efforts of Robin Uthappa, Virat Kohli, Vinay Kumar and Manish Pandey.
Speaking to journalists ahead of his team's match against the Chennai, former India captain, Kumble was assertive on his players maintaining the momentum because the hosts' would be coming hard on them as they need a win after successive losses.
"It will be nice to start the second half of the tournament with a win, but I expect Chennai to come hard at us and we need to keep our focus. Chennai are a good side and they have done well in the last two seasons, but they are rather off-colour this time," Kumble said.
He said it was required to have a rest of five days ahead of the match against Chennai.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts