Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nathan Hauritz wary of Gayle
Aussie spinner Nathan Hauritz believes the threat of a Chris Gayle explosion will ensure complacency is not a factor.
The hosts hold a commanding 2-0 lead over Gayle's tourists heading into game three at the SCG after restricting the lethal skipper to scores of seven and a duck so far, with Doug Bollinger claiming his prize scalp on both occasions.
But a cautious Hauritz knows Gayle is capable of turning the series in the tourists' favour at any moment.
"We played well over the last couple of months but it only takes Chris Gayle to fire and the team to go around him," Hauritz said.
"(Kemar) Roach is bowling very well and (Kieron) Pollard's a very good player as well, so we've just got to keep playing positive cricket and keep doing what we're doing and hang in there.
"It was only two months ago that we played a Test match series against them and won 2-0 and the crowd was on our back saying we weren't playing real well, but now it's a bit of a different story.
"It would be good to go into Melbourne 3-0 up but we just have to take things as they are and go from there."
Bollinger's' new-ball success has meant Hauritz is yet to bowl to the destructive opener, but the miserly off-spinner knows his time will come.
Hauritz added: "He's a fantastic player and if he gets going I'm sure there will be an opportunity for me to bowl to him in the one-day series."
"It'll definitely be a challenge, I don't know if I enjoy it but it would definitely be there.
"At the end of the day I guess the pressure is on them to take down a little wily off-spinner and if they get out they look the victim."
Meanwhile, Hauritz is not a fan of suggestions to tinker with the 50-over format.
"I watched the England (40-over) competition and I didn't enjoy it at all to watch," he said.
"It's pretty hard because you've got three forms of the game competing with each other.
"Twenty20's pretty popular and we know that but I think when there's good games of one-day cricket crowds want to watch that as well.
"We're all very happy with where the one-day game's at."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.