·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Zealand v England
Date: Thursday, 7 February
Start: 0600 GMT (day-night match)
Venue: Lancaster Park, Christchurch
BBC Coverage: Live on 5 Live Sports Extra, BBCi and the BBC Sport website

England will look to build on their impressive start to their tour when they take on New Zealand in the second Twenty20 international on Thursday.

England won the first match by 32 runs and will seek an emphatic victory in Christchurch to dent the hosts' morale.

"Putting them under pressure was our aim," said wicket-keeper Phil Mustard.

"I wouldn't say they're there for the taking because they're a very good one-day side, but we've got a young team who really want to perform."

It's always a goal to play Test cricket, that's number one in my priorities but we have a Twenty20 and one-dayers coming up

Phil Mustard

England are expected to name an unchanged line-up for the day-night match as they attempt to claim consecutive Twenty20 international wins for the first time against major opposition.

That will give Durham wicket-keeper Mustard another chance to impress with the bat as one of England's openers.

The left-hander, who is battling against Tim Ambrose for a place in the Test side, scored 20 off 13 balls in England's win in Auckland on Tuesday and is confident of being able to build on that performance.

"We had a couple of warm-up games down in Canterbury and I got the basics right and last night I was able to capitalise on that and made a few runs," said the 25-year-old.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts