September 2009

Sept 2: 1st Twenty20 international, Colombo
Sept 4: 2nd Twenty20 international, Colombo

Tri-series at Premadasa stadium, Colombo

Sept 8 Sri Lanka v New Zealand
Sept 10 India v Sri Lanka
Sept 12 India v New Zealand
Sept 14: Final

Test squad Tim McIntosh, Martin Guptill, Craig Cumming, Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Daniel Flynn, Brendon McCullum, Jacob Oram, Grant Elliott, Daniel Vettori (capt), Reece Young, Daryl Tuffey, Jeetan Patel, Iain O'Brien, Chris Martin.

Limited-overs squad Brendon McCullum, Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Jacob Oram, Neil Broom, Grant Elliott, Nathan McCullum, Gareth Hopkins (ODIs only), Peter McGlashan (Twenty20s only), Ian Butler, Daniel Vettori (capt), Shane Bond, Kyle Mills, Jeetan Patel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kiwi's will get dominated in the tests, Twenty20's you never know but we might have a chance. The ODI Series is pretty average, only play 2 games if you don't make the final. We've beaten both of those teams in the past, just not consistently. Will be good to see Bondage bowl, if he doesn't break down before the series.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The current Sri Lanka vs Pakistan games are starting around 4:30pm NZ time so its a fairly good time for viewers over here they don't seem to play many night games over there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it looks as though we should be able to catch most of the game over here, they should finish around 11-12 I think, so that's to bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why would they give Hopkins a contract but not even pick him for the test matches, I find that really odd. I can't see Young being any good with the bat though. I've seen a lot of his keeping over the years and he is pretty good, but his batting is really bad.

Also why wasn't Franklin included in the test team, he would be a far better option then Grant Elliott. Man our selcetors can be really bad sometimes. Why play Franklin against the Windies when he isn't fit, and then drop him when he starts to come good?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Grant Elliott selection isn't that bad. Over the last 5-6 months his batting has really improved, I don't think our selectors would see him of much as a bowling threat. I'm just surprised they have droped Franklin for Oram basically, who has done nothing since last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Franklin was droped because he didn't perform. Did anyone see Tendulkar rough him over, we are going to Sri Lanka and we don't need guys that can't even play Tendulkar going over. I don't think his bowling would of been that great over there either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The pitches have favoured seamers in the Pak-Sri Lanka series, Franklin would be really good with his swing. I don't know why he was batting so high in the order for NZ to begin with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good to see how Ryder goes after his performance against India, lets see what he's like overseas against Mendis and Murali.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kiwi dominated the Test, Twenty20, you never know, but we could have a chance. The ODI series is pretty average, only play 2 games if you do not make the final. We beat both teams in the past, but not always. Would be good to see a bowl Bondage if it does not break down before the series.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka in august-September in 2009. New Zealand was played two test matches, five one-day international matches and two T20 with two practice match. Sri Lanka won the test series by 2-0, while New Zealand win T20 by 2-0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rain at Yankee Stadium fell in a steady stream. In the clubhouse, Garcia was left with more time to think about how dangerous the lineup for the Texas Rangers can be.When it was finally time for Garcia to finally pitch, however, at 8:50 p.m., he fell in line with the whirling arms that have somehow holstered the explosive Rangers for three consecutive nights. Garcia allowed four hits and two runs in six and two-thirds innings in the Yankees’ 3-2 victory.canada goose jackets sale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts