Cricket Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cricket South Africa is proud to announce that Proteas team doctor, Dr Mohammed Moosajee, has been appointed National team manager, having emerged as the leading candidate following interviews concluded this week.

Dr Moosajee takes over from Dr Logan Naidoo, Vice President of Cricket South Africa, who served as Proteas team manager in a caretaker capacity since September last year.

Dr Moosajee is an ardent sports lover, who excelled at soccer, volleyball and cricket in the 1980s. He is currently a sports physician in private practice and also holds key administrative positions in cricket, including Chairman of the Highveld Lions and Director on Cricket South Africa’s Board.

In announcing the appointment, Cricket South Africa CEO, Gerald Majola, congratulated Dr Moosajee, and wished him well in his new role.

“We are delighted that Dr Moosajee has accepted CSA’s offer to be National Team manager. He is already part of the cricket family and should have no problem settling into his new role.

“Dr Moosajee has a great passion for sport, and we believe his experience and knowledge of cricket will hold him in good stead for this position.

“CSA would also like to thank Dr Logan Naidoo, who served as National team manager in a caretaker capacity since September last year.”

Responding to the news, Dr Moosajee said: “I am looking forward to this exciting new challenge. It’s definitely an advantage that I have worked intermittently with the team over the past five years.

“My capacity as doctor of the team differs somewhat from that of team manager, but I endeavour to approach it with the same enthusiasm and professionalism that is required of the job.”

Tony Irish, chairman of the South African Cricketer’s Association, welcomed the appointment, saying: “The players appreciate having had some input into this appointment. Mohammed has all the attributes necessary for a successful team manager and he is highly respected by the players”

Dr Moosajee’s appointment is effective from 1 June and he will be on a three year contract. His first assignment is the Proteas tour of England in July. Goolam Rajah remains Proteas Logistics Manager.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts