Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoaib Malik: I will not apologise
Pakistan cricketer Shoaib Malik on Monday said that he will not apologise to the Siddiqui family.
Addressing journalists in Hyderabad along with his wife-to-be Sania Mirza, Shoaib said,"I will not apologise to Ayesha Siddiqui. I am not leaving the country, I haven't done anything wrong. I am co-operating with the Indian government and the police. Ayesha wants cheap publicity. She is just making statements behind the camera."
"I have not got married. I am here to clear my name on every single charge. If you want to know about the validity of the marriage ask the clergy. I am not ready to tender any public apology. Why is Ayesha hiding? I have appeared before the cameras. Why isn't Ayesha willing to face the press? Rather than giving interviews to the media, she should go to the court to prove herself. She is doing this just to gain cheap publicity.
"I used to call Ayesha 'Aapa' and that means elder sister. Ten years back I was 18 years old and you just go and ask her age."
Sania backed her would-be husband and said, "There is no reason for the marriage to be postponed. The marriage will take place on April 15 and if there is any change we will inform you. All our well-wishers are shocked by this. The entire drama has left a very bad taste in our mouths.
"Shoaib never misled me or any members of my family. There was never a marriage so there is no question of divorce. We are well aware of what the truth is."
On being asked why the police had taken away his passport, Shoaib said, "It was their requirement. I have no objection with that".
"I am cooperating with the police and will be available anytime they want to question me," he added.
Police today seized the passport of Shoaib after they questioned him in a cheating case.
The case was filed by the father of a local girl Ayesha Siddiqui claiming that she was married to him.
But 28-year-old Shoaib told a police team this morning at the Jubilee Hills residence of 23-year-old tennis star Sania Mirza that he had been tricked into marriage with Ayesha.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts