Cricket Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time Australia was behind in a Test series was the 2005 Ashes when the side unravelled by the day and was a gloomy shadow by the finish. Michael Clarke was in England three years ago and is certain the mood in this team will remain much brighter despite the 320-run thrashing in Mohali.

"Things just seemed to continue to roll on in that Ashes series and we couldn't pull anything back," Clarke said. "I don't think that's like that here. We've still seen some very good individual performances so far, we just need the whole team to click."

"With my experience in India, (I can say) it's a place you can be brought down so quickly," he said. "It can also go the other way. With one good innings, it can turn around so quickly. We've still got a lot of experience, we know the conditions."
Source and for the rest of the article: Cricinfo

You can never count Australia out from any contest, but this is their biggest challenge since the 2005 Ashes series.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think Australia will come out stronger even if they lose by 3-0. They did the same after losing Ashes and before 2007 world cup. They can do it again

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which means they'll be taking it out on New Zealand :(

Australia can't just look forward to the next series though. For the first time in a while now, Australia needs to come out in the next test and prove to everyone why they are the best team in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts