Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, admitted he did not expect a 465-run mauling at the hands of Sri Lanka following the application they had shown in the fourth innings in Mirpur, but said they were a bit overawed by the prospect of facing Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis in tandem.

"After the 400 [in the fourth innings] in Dhaka where everyone including me saw huge improvement in the young guys this was not what was expected," Siddons said. "But I still see that six or seven of our first eight batsmen haven't played ten Test matches yet and against two of the world's best bowlers, probably the best bowlers in the world at the moment, it is a tough ask.

"They were also a bit overawed I think. Mendis took three wickets in no time and we were again four for nothing," he said. "I am disappointed that our top four can't consistently make runs and it is always Ash [Mohammad Ashraful], Shakib [Al Hasan] and Mushie [Mushfiqur Rahim], the same three, trying to save our skin. I'm disappointed that we didn't show that we are improving although without doubt we are."

rest of the article

1 - 1 of 1 Posts