Cricket Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was viewing a yester year one day match between india and zimbabwe. The cricket was so sloppy that I laughed a lot. With a soft ball, the cricket players of both teams looked like they never even practised cricket nor fitness. If such a viewing camera is installed behind extra-cover near long off, then one can see how funnier real cricket is. It seems very similar to blind man's cricket. The fielding team are like people standing, strolling on a bus-stand lol. The batsmen seem very casual having ample time adjusting in playing shots. They are expert in acting with funny expressions even when a slow bouncer is bowled at them. The zimbabwe bowlers in that match were h.olonga, h.streak, e.brandes, p.strang,g.flower…all very very slow bowlers. Like a village cricket team zimbabwe, even a city team of india would perform better. But they(zimbabweans) are given accolades for their mischief acting! S.tendulkar was batting casually, he might be an expert to strike/defend any bowler of srilanka. But zimbabweans are very very sloppy for him, so he was in full flow. The soft ball so light still zimbabwe couldn't bowl quick lol and he could even see where it was pitching. In the yester years cricket, there were some cool spinners who could bowl spin, flight and turn to deceive the batsmen. Like v.raju, m.ahmed, i.salisbury…etc. Nowdays the spinners try to bowl quick. I then think that is fast bowling fake? The bowlers j.srinath, v.prasad …just jog towards the pitch. So in the speedometer it measures 125 to 133 kmph. But it seems apart from a occasional quick delivery, mainly all bowling speeds are just same as a.kumble, only 96 to 108 kmph. The fast bowlers even try to spin like the bowleds of v.prasad of gary kirsten 1996 tests in SA. Even the 1991 SA-india series in south africa, the SA pacemen were not so quick as thought. F.devilliers, a.donald might be just sluggish slow bowlers. The fielding seems also very sloppy, the batsmen could easily hit between gaps. The funniest running between wickets is of pakistani batsman mhd. Yousuf. He places the stroke very slow and takes three runs. When he comes to touch the opposite crease, he has ample time to look 180degrees before starting for another run. Other notable things in that match was a big catch by sourav ganguly, the shot was hit by a zimbabwe batsman very sky high. And if it were real season then it would had been a drop. But saurav managed to catch perfectly. Another exponent of sloppy cricket was mhd.azharudin in 1991 SA one day series. Even with a soft ball catches are dropped! Perhaps there is only the pitch which is prepared by the curator, which astonishingly bounces and makes even a soft ball to glide high to the wicket-keeper!
So whats the use of cheering for a huge six on a sloppy bowling?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts