Cricket Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soft cricket balls

Even if pak fast bowlers bowl with softball, but their athletism to bowl seven overs with extremely long runup is exceptional! I myself can bowl only four overs by rubber ball! - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm

I have been a big fan of pak bowling in tests and odi. In many of the matches waqar younis bowls his tweak reverse swing. The batsmans who were bowled by the deceptive outswing always took backfoot to avoid the inswing ball hitting the ankle. Instead of hitting the toe, the ball took the legstump. I have never seen from eight year olds to ranji players batsmans taking backfoot manevre when they playing with heavy season ball swing. Not even when playing with rubber ball. Then were the international batsman like graham hick, nasser hussain etc acting to take backfoot against softball yorkers from waqar younis? Why is that? - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm

If a heavy season ball is thrown with effort on a pitch toward stumps, the stumps never cartwheel as in cricket on tv. Then are the stumps made of light softwood material?

-------------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm

The softball used in international cricket wobbles after pitching on the seam, and turns that extra bit which isn't possible while playing with a heavy season ball, nor rubber ball nor tennis! That makes the batsman blind against swing!

--------------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Since 1991 how many fast bowlers have taken nine wicket haul in single innings in a test match? It makes me real sick to watch the careers of shane warne and muthiah murlitharan! It makes me think that countries like new zealand and australia promote medium pace bowling!

--------------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I was watching yeterday 1999 world cup cricket final on tv, the season ball used is clearly seen its a softball as it bounces like a lightweight ball many times when it is fielded! It is a softball coated with leather and has a seam. So not even a single spectator got injured in years!

Many yester years bowlers if seen by the sideways crease cam, even if they run with speed towards the crease...their footings softens in the last stride. When in fact with a heavy ball the strides makes a heavy impact! I was watching one video in which many fast bowlers were called for speed competition in perhaps australia and in that imran khan bowling action looked like mushtaq ahmad!

----------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm

Also the speed gun is fake. Someone manipulates it ball after ball. The real speed with which waqar y. got s. jayasurya bowled with a york is 240 kmph. And a loop offspinner's speed is 40 kmph! Lol - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm

Cause of this softball cricket, more than 50% pro players are not even professional athletes. That means no sportsmen. Never did sprint in school, weight dissproportionate and no athletism. And still got to play in one day and test cricket...no sweat. - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm

I was thinking how Donald Bradman would have played if in present day. He would have been very quick on his footwork. The grass would be greener, the fast bowlers speed is similar as present day fast bowlers. They too used the same softball. Don bradman's bat might had weighed just 500 grams. His batting in tv classic matches looks very very cool. Like stylish like michael slator and footwork like ian healy. Against softball he did scored 10000 runs! and averaged perhaps 99 in tests. The medium pacers and spin speed was 130kmph and 40 kmph. And larwood's speed might be between 180 to 220 kmph! What do you say?

---------------
kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi, i was measuring 20metres in a ground with a tape and it looked very long pitch. I think in coaching club the pitch is about 16m! And in tv it seems 14 to 15metres. Also the real speeds of various bowlers- j.srinath- 105 to 155 kmph, k.dev- 60 to 90kmph, m. prabhakar-50 to 95 kmph, v.prasad-65 to 110kmph, r.binny-50kmph, s.tendulkar- 25 to 50kmph, a.agarkar- 100kmph, z.khan- 120kmph, d.ganesh- 60kmph, l.balaji-125kmph, s.ankola-95kmph, p.mhambrey-110kmph, a.kumble-50 to 85kmph, a.kuruville- 125kmph, d.mohanty-90kmph, harbhajan s.-35kmph,i.pathan-85kmph, v.raju- 30kmph,n.hirwani- 25kmph. - kunal

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi

And of course the legendary slowest s.joshi- 20kmph lol. The conclusion is many international batsmen are so stupid, that while facing someone like jeff thompson, they'll survive for five overs! And funny thing is that the same batsmen will get bowled by slowest 20kmph as if they never knew how to bat! - kunal khan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts