Cricket Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am afraid this will be a bit of a nightmare for the South Africans. The last time they were there (in 2004), if I recall, the Sri Lankans won the two-Test series 1-0 and then handed out a 5-0 whitewash in the ODIs. The excuse then was that the team was young and inexperienced. Well, this time the experience segment looks even more ominous: no Kallis, Pollock or Smith. No Kemp. And Ashwell Prince is captain. I mean, Jesus...

·
Registered
9 Posts
And you forgot to mention that the South African bowlers are just not equipped to bowl on the kind of surfaces that Sri Lanka offers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Powerpak, you forgot to mention that the Sri Lankans are just coming off their hugely successful one-day series in England. I wouldn’t fancy South Africa’s chances at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, the official squad does include Pollock, which means the birth of his child has happened. Or has it? Congratulations if so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t really think Prince will suit Sri Lankan conditions at all. Though he’s a tough player to get down, he won’t score too many in Sri Lanka, but keep in mind that he’s really struggled against Warne. But Rudolph is a better player of spin and he should bat at three. Interesting how Zander de Bruyn has been kept out. Guess the selectors are looking to Dippenaar, but he really is hopeless at rotating the strike. Obviously, South Africa’s problem lies with the batting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts