Cricket Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The three sides in each group from the group stage, which concluded yesterday, play the teams which have qualified from the other group. As such, 2000 winner New Zealand, defending champion Australia and the West Indies from Group A will play two-time former champion England, India, runner-up at the Women’s World Cup in 2005, and qualifier Pakistan from Group B with the top two teams progressing through to the 22 March final.

England and New Zealand will take forward four carry-over points while Australia and India will go into the Super Six stage with two carry-over points. The West Indies and Pakistan, after having lost to the teams in their respective groups who progressed to the second stage of the competition, will start with zero points.

The Super Six stage is also important for the fact that the top four teams will automatically qualify for the 2013 event to be staged in India while the fifth and sixth-placed teams will earn direct spots in the 10-team ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2011 where they will be joined by eight other sides – two each from Asia, Africa and Europe, and one each from Americas and East Asia-Pacific regions – who will qualify from their own regional qualifying tournaments.

rest of the article

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I watched a couple of matches on TVU Player and found them to be very entertaining. If there was one objection I had it was of the Kiwi wicket keeper constantly barking out encouragement to her teammates. Yes, I realize it's a part of the game. But her voice was so strong and far ranging that it probably was a bit distracting to the opposing batters!

I hope more of the matches will be available online as they should be fun to watch.

:)
I thought I was the only one that thought that! :D

I would like to see a game online.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts