Cricket Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Had a Slazenger V somthing for a while that was a decent bat and I used my mate's Gray-Nicolls for a while that was a good bat also.

The best I ever had though was a kookaburra. Maybe it's psycological, but I feel I have better movement with those types of bat, so yeah buy a kookaburra.

:p

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrisp_Morg said:
I Had a Slazenger V somthing for a while that was a decent bat and I used my mate's Gray-Nicolls for a while that was a good bat also.

The best I ever had though was a kookaburra. Maybe it's psycological, but I feel I have better movement with those types of bat, so yeah buy a kookaburra.

I like the look of Hussey's beast have u used it?

·
Banned
141 Posts
Chrisp_Morg said:

I use Slazenger bat's they are a good brand and they are all made to perfection.
So yeah, I would go for Slazenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion, I think you should go with a Kookaburra.
They are great quality bats and I haven't heard anything bad about them.
But also slazengers are very good as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion, I think you should go with a Kookaburra.
They are great quality bats and I haven't heard anything bad about them.
But also slazengers are very good as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Depends on several thing really, Robostar24...
Are you a stroke player? Pinch hitter? Conservative opening batsmen? Middle order utility player? How much do you want to spend? Etc...

Between the Greg Chappell Cricket Center (Greg Chappell Cricket Centre - Online cricket store) & Kingsgrove Sports (Kingsgrove Sports) you should be able to get a good idea of what's available.
Having said(typed?) that, I'd NEVER buy a bat on-line. You should always hand select your willow!

My experience:
When I hit the ball, I like it to stay hit; so I used heavy’s bats for several years.
I'm a rather stocky fella, & one day it occurred to me that I didn't really need a big bat to hit the ball out of the park - I could probably hit the ball far enough with something lighter & less cumbersome. So I bought a 2pound 7oz Gray-Nic. Turned out to be a good move.
While I was still hitting the ball hard, I now had a whole new range of strokes open to me - plus it made playing the quicks a little easier, as the bat was faster through the air.

Anyway, there's some food for thought. Hope it helps.

PS: I plan on buying a Slazenger V389 Pro. I've never owned a Slazzy before, but always wanted to... plus I just love Michael Clarke! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts