Cricket Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post here your best starting 11. It can feature players from any country, as long as they still play 1st class. Base it on their career and recent form. Also include a sentence why you included this player.

Lizza's XI
1. Simon Katich- Hasn't been a great player over the years, but is in top form.
2. Kevin Pieterson- A top gun Englishmen who plays all the shots.
3. Ricky Ponting- Captain of Australia and possibly the best player in the world.
4. Sachin Tendulkar- Also possibily the best player. He hits a 100 every few games.
5. Michael Clarke- Rarely gets huge scores, but always gets the runs needed.
6. Graeme Smith- An awesome player who is in the best form of his career.
7. Brad Haddin- An great keeper who can also get tons.
8. Brett Lee- The best fast bowler. 'Nuff said.
9. Ishant Sharma- A gun bowler who is still really young.
10. Mitch Johnson- A great wicket-taker, and can smash with the bat.
11. Dan Vettori- Every team needs a spinner, and he is the best.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good thread

This list of course is going by current form and in batting order. The following are not necessarily my favourites, particularly number 2, but are the players who I think are the best in the world at the moment.

My Best Test XI:

1. Graeme Smith (South Africa) - Just oozing in form right now.
2. Gautam Gambhir (India) - Performing very well for India, regularly making high scores.
3. Hashim Amla (South Africa) - Class batsman. Toss up between Amla and Ponting.
4. Kevin Pieterson (England) - England's key source of runs and their best bat in their lineup.
5. Michael Clarke (Australia) - Mister consistent for Australia. Rarely fails, and does what is needed.
6. Jean-Paul Duminy (South Africa) - Incredible start to his Test career. Australia couldn't do anything about him.
7. Brendon McCullum (New Zealand) - Arguably the best keeper in the world right now, and a striking batsman to boot.
8. Daniel Vettori (New Zealand) - Perhaps the best New Zealand player in the past decade, his variations and consistency trouble batsmen from around the world.
9. Mitchell Johnson (Australia) - Australia's in form pace bowler. Almost won the game for Australia with a stunning spell of 5/2 against the Protea's
10. Ishant Sharma (India) - Young, fast and accurate - exactly what India need. His movement away from the right handers is one of the best in the world.
11. Dale Steyn (South Africa) - The best fast bowler in the world. 75 wickets in 11 test matches.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah i forgot Steyn. I knew i was missing somebody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts